Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Homemade peanut butter cups

Are dangerously easy to make!

Melt some chocolate in a heavy saucepan. I used TJ's semi-sweet callets, about 6 oz for 6 peanut butter cups. Use low heat - don't burn it! Remove from the heat as soon as it is mostly melted, then stir it off the heat to continue the melting. Add approx. 1 T butter.

Mix up some peanut butter with a little honey, about 1/2 cup PB with 1 - 2 T honey. Add a little salt. The first time I made peanut butter cups, I didn't sweeten the peanut butter, nor did I add butter to the chocolate, and they were just fine. They were great, actually. In fact, I think I prefer them with out the sweetening. But all the recipes on the internet said to sweeten the peanut butter, so I tried it this time.

I used silicone muffin cups. I was ready to get rid of my silicone muffin cups, which I had bought mostly just because they are red. I discovered that they are terrible for muffins - the muffins stick anyway, and they're a mess to clean. But they are PERFECT for making homemade peanut butter cups! Put a spoonful (about 1 T.) of melted chocolate into each cup:

Then put a spoonful of the peanut butter on top of the chocolate. Don't worry if it looks too lumpy or high - it will smooth down.

I put a little sprinkle of seasalt atop the peanut butter (for layering flavor in the mouth):

Then put the top spoonful of chocolate on and smooth it out a little:

Put the peanut butter cups in the fridge for a few hours. They will pop right out of the silicone cups, and they will look exactly like "real" peanut butter cups, only better!


No comments:

Post a Comment